Women's T20 world cup: IND vs AUS Review
ICC WOMEN'S T20 WORLD CUP, 2023
PREVIEW OF SEMI-FINAL 1
INDIA vs AUSTRALIA
1. India goes into the 1st semi-final of the ongoing ICC Women's T20 World Cup as runners' up from Group 2, whereas Australia takes ground as the toppers of Group 1.
2. India have lost one match so far against England, whereas Australia is yet to lose a game in this tournament.
3. Head to Head :
In T20 World Cups, both the teams have a neck-to-neck record with Australia getting the better of India by a margin of 1 victory.
While India have won 2 matches against Australia in T20 World Cups, Australia have defeated India thrice, including in the final of the previous World Cup.
Overall, both the teams have met each other 30 times, with Australia swaying the results its way by a mammoth margin of 22-7.
4. #SmritiMandhana of India currently sits at the second position on the list highest of run-scorers of the ongoing tournament, closely followed by Australia's Alyssa Healy. While Mandhana has scored 149 runs so far, Healy has amassed 146 runs in this World Cup.
5. With 8 wickets, Australia's Meghan Schutt stands tall as the highest wicket taker whereas India's best bowler in this World Cup, Renuka Singh sits at the sixth position, with 7 wickets. Today, she would look to climb up the chart by giving crucial breakthroughs to her team.
6. Just before the start of the match, news of Indian skipper Harmanpreet Kaur and Pooja Vastrakar's injury has made news. Sneh Rana has been called up to replace Vastrakar.
7. Injury scare had knocked the doors of the Australian camp as well, with star player Alyssa Healy sustaining a quadricep injury. However, she has been cleared to play in the semi-final.
INDIA : Shafali Verma, Smriti Mandhana, Jemimah Rodrigues, #Harmanpreet Kaur (c), Richa Ghosh (w), Deepti Sharma, Yastika Bhatia, Rana, Shikha Pandey, Radha Yadav, Renuka Singh
AUSTRALIA : Alyssa Healy, Beth Mooney, Megh Lanning (c), Ashleigh Gardner, Ellysse Perry, Tahila McGrath, Grace Harris, Jess Jonassen, Georgia Wareham, Megan Schutt, Darcie Brown.
India Women vs Australia Women
AUS : 172/4
IND : 167/8
1. India suffers a close defeat against Australia to get knocked out of the ongoing T20 World Cup.
2. Batting first, Australia scored 172 runs against the loss of 4 wickets, whereas India fell short of the target by 5 runs.
3. For Australia, Beth Mooney scored the most runs. She scored 54 off 37 balls, hitting 7 fours and 1 six in the process.
For India, Shikha Pandey took 2 wickets.
4. Chasing 173, India lost early wickets to find themselves in a tricky situation when Jemimah Rodrigues and Harmanpreet Kaur together stitched a 69-run fourth wicket partnership to take India out of the pit. Kaur scored a half century (52), whereas Rodrigues missed hers by seven runs.
Darcie Brown and Asleigh Gardner were the pick of the bowlers, striking twice each.
5. Australia will now face the winner of the second semi-final between England and Australia, on 26 February for the titular match.