Ronaldo denies transfer rumors; slams disrespectful talks around his club future
Cristiano Ronaldo has been linked with rumored transfers to the likes of Real Madrid, Manchester City, and PSG, but the 36-year-old Portuguese superstar has called those reports “disrespectful” and “just talk” in a rather peculiar statement posted on his Instagram account. Cristiano Ronaldo came up with a sharply-worded statement, hitting out at rumors over his club future. The Juventus star has been linked to multiple clubs, including Real Madrid and Manchester United, even as he has a year left in his contract with the Turin giants.
Ronaldo has entered the final 12 months of his lucrative four-year contract at Juventus and has been linked in recent days with a sensational return to Real Madrid, the club for whom he netted 450 goals in 438 games during a nine-year stint between 2009-18 that yielded four Champions League triumphs and two LaLiga titles.
Earlier on Tuesday, Madrid manager Carlo Ancelotti took to Twitter to say that Ronaldo has his “love and respect”, but insisted that Los Blancos have never considered such a move as they “look forward”. However, Ronaldo said he is focused on the job at hand and that "everything else is just talking".
"Anyone who knows me is aware of how focused I am on my work. Less talk and more action, this has been my guiding motto since the start of my career. However, in view of everything that’s been said and written recently, I have to set out my position," Ronaldo said in a sharply-worded Instagram post.
"More than the disrespect for me as a man and as a player, the frivolous way that my future is covered in the media is disrespectful to all the clubs involved in these rumors, as well as to their players and staff," he said.
Despite umpteen rumors, Ronaldo is likely to stay at Juventus and help them launch a bid to reclaim the Serie A title. New coach Massimiliano Allegri, back at Juve for a second spell in charge, has in fact called on Ronaldo to offer even more this season.